Autopro data collection system
Autopro: data collection integrated system for manufacturing, worktimes, access & security, distance identification, emergency, meals.
How is the system composed
- By terminals placed in entry/exit/transit gates, manufacturing sites, refectories, etc., equipped with antennas to read short- and long-distance RFID badges, tags and labels. Also barcode scanners and digital I/O devices can be integrated.
- By eventual mobile terminals (apply to storehouses, fork-lift trucks, etc.);
- By biometric terminals/devices (when high level safety personal identification is needed);
- By connections between terminals and AutoPro data collection PC (via Ethernet, wireless, network, modem, GSM/GPRS, etc.)
- By AutoPro software package (bidirectional real-time data transceiving and applicative software interface) ;
- By application software (manufacturing, worktimes, security alarms, access control, refectory, people flow tracking, etc.)
Who can get benefits from the Autopro system
- Companies searching for an highly integrated data collection software system, who can guarantee real-time controls and answers, batch & online functions, automatic short- and long-range RFID identifications.
- Companies searching for an highly integrated hardware system, taking the best profit from any already existing data transmission infrastructure (Ethernet, WiFi-wireless, modem, data/voice network, optical fibers), so avoiding any redundant cabling.
Autopro User interface
- Any person / vehicle / product is equipped with an individual identification support (badge, or tag/label).
- Many identification devices can be used: RFID readers (short- or long-range), magnetic, multistandard, barcode, microchip, biometric readers, etc. (the best choice depends on environment and needs)
- Reading terminals are placed in suitable sites (near entry/exit gates, workplaces, refectories, parkings, transit gates/doors, operative machines, manufacturing areas, etc.)
- Any person can be identified approaching the nearest terminal, and using its own identification electronic mean at the right time. In case of long-range antennas, it’s enough to enter the antenna’s covered area.
- Some typical identification moments / times are i.e.:
- Entry / Exit in/from workplace;
- Begin / end manufacturing / work order, or attendance on manufacturing workplace / shop-floor;
- Suspending / resuming a work order (i.e.: after a pause);
- Entering / exiting a restricted area (i.e.: parking, IT center, hazardous areas, etc.)
- Changing department or work cost center;
- Booking for a meal or entering into refectory.
- The identification is quick and simple, fully automatic in case of long-range RFID.
- Any terminal has one or more readers / antennas, an easy-to-use keyboard, an high contrast graphic display, audio and light signals, etc., to make any user interactions quick, easy and friendly.
- The reader terminals are in connection with the data collection PC, where the AutoPro software package is running to guarantee real-time communications, answers, controls and diagnostics.
- The connection between terminals and Autopro PC take place over several hardware infrastructures (Ethernet networks and VLANs, wireless LANs, modems, networks, RF GSM/GPRS, serial RS232, RS485, etc.), even at the same time.
- AutoPro software, at any data record received, decrypts and re-routes data in the proper destination applicative database / server (i.e.: worktimes, manufacturing control, security and access control, meals reservation, etc.)
- Any software application server receives an online automatic data feed by the software interface of Autopro.
- The Client application users “see” data flow to populate their databases in real-time.
- The whole system can be configured to act as ‘batch’ or ‘offline’. In such particular condition data path will be identical, but database’s feed will be automatically scheduled at programmed times, instead of online.